Error During Installation
If you are receiving the error during installation:
An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click “Retry”, or “Cancel” to end the install.
Follow the below instructions and it may correct your problem.
Administrator Rights are required on your PC for this to work.
This is a Windows 7 based guide
, and should also work for Windows 8. If you are using a different OS version and none of this works for you, please submit a ticket! If your Operating System is using a different language pack, please set your machine to English or download the English Language pack.
This guide is from Sabishii1985’s Guide
on the Ragnarok Online 2 Technical Support Forum
- Start by pressing the Windows Key+R (or opening the Start Menu and typing in Run and hitting enter) , inserting cmd into the dialog box and hitting enter. This will open a Command Prompt.
- Type net localgroup Users /add and press enter.
- Proceed with installation of Ragnarok Online 2.
- Navigate to your installation folder. It usually defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Gravity\
- Right click on the Ragnarok Online 2 folder and select Properties.
- Go to Security, press Advanced go to Owner.
- Click on Edit and select your User Profile.
- Click the bottom check box "Replace all child object permissions [...]" (it may also say "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects") and click Apply.
- Open another Command Prompt (repeating Step 1).
- Type net localgroup Users /delete and press enter.
- Now you should be able to start Ragnarok Online 2! If you are still unable to do so, please submit a ticket to our Support Team so we can resolve this issue for you!
Article ID: 591, Created On: 5/1/2013, Modified: 5/1/2013