What is Desocketing (or Decarding)?
Card desocketing is a way for players to remove slotted cards from their equipment. It's a great way to revamp your old favorite gear with new cards, or put the card into a fresh new piece of gear. This service is available on both Chaos and Thor servers.
How to Desocket Cards
Cards can be desocketed from their items by the NPC Richard in Malangdo (221, 160).
Make sure you have the item you want desocketed equipped on your character.
Richard's desocketing service can be paid for in one of four different ways:
- 1,000,000 (one million) Zeny is the basic service fee, but has a 5% chance of success
- Ordinary Lubricant raises the chances of a success to 40%
- High Rank Lubricant grants an 80% chance of success
- Silit Pong is the best lubricant on the market - 100% success guaranteed!
When an item is desocketed successfully, you receive both the item and the card back successfully.
When an item desocket fails, the card remains in the item and neither are destroyed.
Lubricants help ease the separation between the item and its card. They can be purchased from the Special Vending Machine in Malangdo (218, 165) for the following exchange rates:
- Silit Pong Bottle = 192 Silvervine fruits
- High Rank Lubricant = 56 Silvervine fruits
- General Lubricant = 36 Silvervine fruits
Silvervine Fruits can be purchased from the Cash Shop in Silvervine Boxes. The boxes are able to be traded and vended, but not the fruits themselves.
Remember Richard in Malangdo the next time you want your card and items separated!