Data Execution Prevention (or DEP) monitors programs to ensure that memory is being used safely. If a program tries using memory incorrectly, DEP closes it. Requiem may be closed unexpectedly while being launched or in-game due to this.
You may turn off DEP for certain files of Requiem to prevent this from occurring. If you are using DEP and want to make these exceptions, please take the following steps.
- Click on the Start button in Windows
- Click on "Computer"
- Right click the drive that contains the Requiem game client (usually labeled C:\ or whichever drive Windows is installed on) and select "Properties"
- Click on "Advanced System Settings" - you will need Administrator access for this.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab, then the "Settings" button under "Performance"
- Select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab and toggle the DEP setting that allows program exceptions
- Click on the "Add" button and select the files "UPDATERUSA" "Launcher2" and "PatchDownload" from the Requiem folder in the \Program Files\Gravity\ directory
- Click on "OK" or "Apply"
This should help prevent the game from closing unexpectedly. However if issues continue, please check the other articles in the technical support folder
, or feel free to contact Support
with as much information concerning the issue as possible, and which technical fixes have already been tried.